Monday, November 8, 2010

Summary Post C4K Comments 3-7

A Calvin & Hobbes comic strip about school and computers

My Comment-4-Kids #3 was for Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. I commented on Rima's picture of a Maori mariner traveling the sea on a waka to discover New Zealand. In my comment, I wrote that I really liked her picture, and that the water was certainly wavy and wonderful.

In C4K #4, I commented on Freya's blog. Freya is in the fifth grade, and her blog post was about going to Noosa with her family. She wrote that they were planning to spend a week in Noosa just having fun. In my comment, I wrote that I liked the design of her blog, and that I also liked another one of her posts about visiting the museum. I also praised her for separating her thoughts into paragraphs in the post about the museum.

For C4K #5, I commented on Ashton's blog post about friendship. In the post, Ashton wrote about how the class watched the movie "Cars" to learn about friendship. It was apparent that Ashton learned that you can always be yourself with your true friends, and that true friends care about and accept each other always. I wrote that I thought watching "Cars" to learn about friendship was a really cool idea. I also mentioned that I think it's important to be true to yourself and others and to care for the ones you love. I also posted a question about identity in reference to "Cars": “Who am I? What do I believe? What do I stand for? Who understands me and accepts me for who I am?”

In C4K #6, I commented on Emily T's blog. Her post was about walking through Chicago. The way she wrote it was very interesting to me. She had line breaks in the middle of her sentences, and I'm still not sure why. I kind of liked it, though, because her story read like a poem because of these line breaks. She recorded her time "people watching" in Chicago as she describes how she saw a baby drop a pacifier, heard it begin to cry loudly, and noticed that the parents didn't know why the baby was crying. For my comment, I wrote that walking around Chicago must have been exciting, and that I also like to "people watch" and see how someone will react to a situation.

For C4K #7, I commented on Suzy's blog. Her post was about Red Ribbon Week, which ended up being appropriate for me because I visited the schools that week with my mom to help with the drug awareness lessons. Suzy wrote that she enjoyed Red Ribbon Week at her school, and that you should say "No" to drugs, like when someone offers you alcohol, because drugs can kill you. I responded by writing that I was happy they celebrated Red Ribbon Week at her school, and I also said it's important to learn about the dangers of drugs at an early age. In addition, I told her about helping my mom with Red Ribbon Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment