Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blog Assignment 12



Watch this video about a college class and their experience with technology in the classroom. Think about how you would feel in this classroom. What would your suggestion for the professor be? If you were in this professor's position, what would you do to bring more technology into the classroom (especially considering the fact that this is a class about technology in the classroom)? Think about the importance and benefits of bringing technology into the classroom. Write a post in which you answer all of these questions and share your thoughts on the matter.

First of all, I really liked this class's video. I thought it was humorous, but it also got the point across (especially for college students). I know that we're studying to be elementary and high school teachers, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't evaluate the education that we are currently receiving. I would feel a little confused in this class, especially since the class is about what kind of technology is offered in the classroom, and the professor was only using the whiteboard. I like how the student stepped in to help the professor see what the students wanted out of their education. My suggestion for the professor would be to start a class blog that each student could check and comment on for any homework, extra resources, or class updates. If I were in the professor's position, I would definitely do my homework and see what kind of technology is out there that I can use in the classroom. There are SO many resources available for bringing technology into the classroom that the professor (I) could introduce to the students. Simply put, technology offers so many benefits in terms of research and creative ways to learn, why wouldn't someone bring it into the classroom?

3 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    I really enjoyed your video, and I have actually seen it somewhere else before. I love how they use the theme of "The Office" to make their point. I just love creative videos, and I definitely think this is one. I agree that it was great how the student helped the professor. This is how a classroom should be. We should all work collaboratively together to figure things out. I honestly would not use this as a blog assignment, but I think it is a great example for a project though. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the video. It was so funny seeing the expressions on the students face. Dr. Strange should definitely consider your assignment for the next semester.I would tell the professor to go to some kind of technology workshop or something like that. Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda,

    I really enjoyed this video. It was very entertaining! I like how the teacher and students worked together. I also agree that the teacher should learn about other technology to bring to the classroom. This would be a great blog assignment! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete