Thursday, September 30, 2010

Summary Post C4K 1 & 2

Photo of a child covering their mouth while laughing
For my first Comments-4-Kids assignment, I was assigned Kenya's blog. I read her "About Me" post and commented on it with my thoughts. Kenya seems to be someone who places great importance on family. She also wrote about her friends and how she likes to hang out with them (or bother her little brother) when she's bored. Actually, in the first sentence of her post, she writes that she is someone who would like to reach her goals in life. In my comment for Kenya's post, I wrote that it is very refreshing to find a student who has set forth in accomplishing their goals. I also mentioned that I, too, place great importance on family and friends. Like Kenya, I am also enjoying school nowadays. I wrote that when I'm bored, I like to go outside or read a book.

In the second Comments-4-Kids assignment, I commented on Carmen's blog. Carmen wrote her "Learning Manifesto" and posted it on her blog, which I then commented on. Carmen has set some very nice goals for herself. What I gathered from her manifesto is that she values respect. I admired her for aiming to show the same respect towards her teacher that she expects from others. She also strives to turn her work in on time more often and ask for help when she doesn't understand. The latter can be very tough for young people, I think. So, I encouraged her to be the one student in the class to raise her hand and say, "I don't understand" because in that moment, she could become the hero to another student who was too nervous to admit that they weren't following the lesson.

I really enjoyed reading both of these students' blogs! I think it's really neat how we get to communicate with people of different ages, professions, and nationalities in this course. All in all, a new and fun experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment