Sunday, September 12, 2010

Summary of C4T #1

For my first C4T assignment, I was given the blog of Ms. Diane Krause. Her blog is called Diane's Digital Discoveries. Ms. Krause provides an astonishing amount of information on her site for how to bring technology into the classroom.

The first post that I commented on was a list of various links which I viewed and then I gave my opinion about them. I especially liked the website that featured 100 Ways Google Can Make You a Better Educator and A 21st Century Education Film Series. The film called "Designing Schools for 21st Century Learning" featuring Randall Fielding was very inspiring. He has so much passion for bettering the learning environments for students that it makes me want to do the same.


A photo of a leather back sea turtle hatchling.
The second comment I made on Ms. Krause's blog was to another post which consisted of multiple links, as well. I really enjoyed these links provided by Ms. Krause. A couple of my favorites were two international news links The Paperboy and Google Regional Newspapers because they offered newspapers from all over the world, like Bhutan, Germany, Jordan, and Singapore. The National Geographic Kids website was fun because I was able to play games and learn about leather back sea turtles. Also, at the PBS News Hour Extra -- 7-12 Grade Level website, there was an article about how the "Venezuelan Youth Embrace National Orchestra Program". I thought this was a great article that described how much passion these kids have for their music. The other great thing about it is it actually had comments from the kids the article was talking about.

All in all, I thought it was really amazing how Ms. Krause made all of these great sources available for the public. I really appreciate the time she puts into her blog as a resource for students and educators everywhere.

Thank you, Ms. Krause!

No comments:

Post a Comment