Sunday, December 12, 2010

Final Report on PLN

An image of ripples

Throughout this course, I would say that my PLN has definitely expanded. By reading different educators' blogs and subscribing to them via RSS feed, I'm sure to continue visiting them in the future to see what's going on and leave a comment here and there. I hope to continue posting on my EDM 310 blog about education and technology-related topics. I also hope that the people I've followed on Blogger will continue to post things every once in a while so that I may see the interesting things they've found on the web.

I still visit my Twitter account to see what's been happening with the people, businesses, bands, magazines, museums, and authors I follow. I really like using Screenr as a screen-capturing tool. It's very user-friendly and it gives five minutes of recording time, which is usually just the right amount of time. I developed my Symbaloo page, and I really like it. It has all of my favorite bookmarks and interest areas on it, and I plan on using it in the future. Delicious is still a really good way to bookmark, as well. My Facebook account is very active, as usual, and I'm still in love with my Gmail account! I'm still so happy that we were required to get one for this course because I probably wouldn't have gotten one otherwise, and then I wouldn't have learned about the amazing GoogleDocs and iGoogle!

I've also added a new favorite book to my PLN, and it's The First Days of School by Harry Wong and Rosemary Wong. It was the textbook used in my Classroom Management course this semester, and it really offers amazing advice and knowledge on the importance of being an effective educator. I also plan to explore the TED website further for more talks on education and technology. I find the talks from this site to be really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment